Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Love my Moto X

What I love about my new Moto X:


  • dynamic notifications - Dynamic notification is a feature that causes notifications like email and chat receptions to show up on the sleep screen. (On other phones, it might light an LED or something.) It's handy knowing what the notification is without having to wake up the phone, and it doesn't appear to hurt battery life at all. My favorite part, however, is being able to wake up the phone without pressing the tiny power button.
  • trusted devices - A trusted device is any of your Bluetooth devices - car, Pebble watch, etc. - that you have told the phone you trust. While the phone is nearby to it, you don't have to unlock the phone to wake it up. The idea is, if someone steals the phone and it goes out of range of any trusted devices, the phone will lock.
  • better battery life - The phone can go 3 days without charging, vs 2 days for my last phone.
  • loud, clear speaker

What I dislike:

  • no more native SIP - the native SIP client is gone, (I blame Kitkat), have to install my own :(


No comments:

Post a Comment